Exactly a year later I was sitting at church during a lesson on how do we find Joy?
A rush of emotions came back to me.
Remember when I was depressed? Remember when I couldn't see the light? Remember when my boss came up to me and said I hadn't been looking well and acting like myself and asked if I needed sometime off? (oh what a blessing that was)
Here are some things to ask you about yourself?
- What do you see in the mirror?
- Is the girl you see in the mirror happy? Why?
- Is the girl you see the girl you want to be?
- What do you like most about the girl you see?
- What would you like to change about the girl you see?
- What are the talents and blessings of the girl you see?
- What do you want for the girl you see?
As I sat during this lesson I remember thinking to myself, how did I find any joy during my trail? I know I wasn't perfect...but I know the only time I felt comfort was studying the words of the Lord. It was scripture time, Ensign time, any talk from the Prophet or other church leaders. I tried to give up my self and serve. service is the best medicine....not easy to do I know but get out and service. Find happiness in serving others. I think of all that have to go through struggles and pray for you, but my heart aches for the women and men in general that try to find it on their own happiness....or deny the powers of God and Priesthood.
This month of February think of how you can make more of your Joy...increase it as much as possible is my challenge to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment